The After series is a five-book young-adult romance series written by Anna Todd and published by the Simon & Schuster publishing company. The novels have frequently appeared on the New York Times best-selling list and are being adapted into films.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The series follows the life of Tessa Young, a recent high school graduate, as she embarks on her new college life. Her life is meticulously planned by not only herself but her overachieving mother. But when Tessa meets complex rebel Hardin Scott, everything in her life begins to change.
Novels[edit | edit source]
|Cover||Title||Initial Release||No. in series|
|After||October 21, 2014||1|
|After We Collided||November 25, 2014||2|
|After We Fell||December 30, 2014||3|
|After Ever Happy||February 24, 2015||4|
|Before||December 8, 2015||5|
The Landon Duology[edit | edit source]
|Nothing More||September 20, 2016|
|Nothing Less||December 6, 2016|
Characters[edit | edit source]
Although the series features a plethora of characters each with varying significance, the novels focus predominantly on the following characters:
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are five books in the series, including the special novel, Before.
- The series spawned one spin-off duology that followed fan-favorite Landon Gibson's life after the events of After Ever Happy.
- The books were turned into two films, After and After We Collided with talks of After We Fell and After Ever Happy eventually being adapted into films.
- On March 20, 2020, Anna revealed that she is open to the possibility of writing another After novel. She has written loose ideas and little things following Emery's life.
- The complete book set that includes the five original novels became available for pre-order on October 17, 2020.
- The first book in the After series was originally a One Direction fanfic. Hardin Scott’s character was Harry Styles as a bad boy, but when the story gained more attention, Anna decided to make it into a book and she changed Harry’s characters name to Hardin.