|This article is about the upcoming film. You may be looking for the book adaptation, After Ever Happy.|
A revelation about the past shakes Hardin’s impenetrable façade to the core — and then Tessa suffers a tragedy, putting their relationship on the brink. As the shocking truth about each of their families emerges, it’s clear the two lovers are not so different from each other. Tessa is no longer the sweet, simple, good girl she was when she met Hardin — any more than he is the cruel, moody boy she fell so hard for.
- Josephine Langford as Tessa Young
- Hero Fiennes Tiffin as Hardin Scott
- Louise Lombard as Trish Daniels
- Rob Estes as Ken Scott
- Chance Perdomo as Landon Gibson
- Frances Turner as Karen Scott
- Kiana Madeira as Nora
- Anton Kottas as Smith Vance
The film was announced to be entering pre-production on September 3, 2020. It was announced alongside the third film of the series, After We Fell.
On September 8, 2020, the new director Castille Landon announced that she had picked out multiple filming locations, confirming that production would restart in 2020. The After Twitter account confirmed that the films were entering production.
On December 18, 2020, filming for After Ever Happy and the After film series, officially wrapped.
Notes and Trivia
- On September 8, 2020, it was announced that Castille Landon would direct After We Fell and After Ever Happy. She is preceded by Jenny Gage (After) and Roger Kumble (After We Collided).
- Filming for After We Fell and After Ever Happy began on October 4, 2020, in Bulgaria. Anna Todd was not seen on set.
- Iñigo Navarro works on the film as a production designer and possibly as an extra. His name was visible on an extras call sheet. After 3 & 4 were both listed on Inigo's resume but without any context to his role in the projects.
- Louise Lombard (Trish) wrapped filming for the After series on approximately December 8th, 2020.
- Chance Perdomo (Landon) wrapped filming for the After series on approximately December 13th, 2020.
- After Ever Happy wrapped filming on December 18, 2020.
- After We Fell and After Ever Happy were filmed in five months, with fifty-two shoot days, and over three-hundred crew members.
- On June 24, 2021, Castille Landon confirmed that After Ever Happy had not finished post-production. She cited that she still had to work color, sound, music, and some other things. She said that "they" loved the unfinished versions too.
- * On August 4, 2021, it was announced that Amazon Prime would release 'both 'After We Fell and After Ever Happy exclusively on their platform in the UK and France.
Behind the Scenes