|This article is about the novel. You may be looking for the film adaptation, After Ever Happy.|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Tessa and Hardin have defied all the odds, but will their fairy tale ending be turned on its head? AFTER EVER HAPPY...Life will never be the same. #HESSA
- It’s never been all rainbows and sunshine for Tessa and Hardin, but each new challenge they’ve faced has only made their passionate bond stronger and stronger. But when a revelation about the past shakes Hardin’s impenetrable façade to the core—and then Tessa suffers a tragedy—will they stick together again, or be torn apart?
- As the shocking truth about each of their families emerges, it’s clear the two lovers are not so different from each other. Tessa is no longer the sweet, simple, good girl she was when she met Hardin—any more than he is the cruel, moody boy she fell so hard for. Tessa understands all the troubling emotions brewing beneath Hardin’s exterior, and she knows she’s the only one who can calm him when he erupts. He needs her.
- But the more layers of his past come to light, the darker he grows, and the harder he pushes Tessa—and everyone else in his life—away. Tessa’s not sure if she really can save him—not without sacrificing herself. She refuses to go down without a fight. But who is she fighting for—Hardin or herself?
Chapters[edit | edit source]
The novel switches back and forth between Hardin and Tessa's point of view.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After Ever Happy has the fewest pages and chapters out of the entire After series.
- An epilogue features a conclusion to Hardin and Tessa's story. It shows their struggle to start a family, Tessa's miscarriage, their career endeavors and ultimately, them having two children. The final part of the book shows a now teenaged Emery Scott heading off to school with her grade school brother, Auden, while a now middle-aged Hardin and Tessa watch them leave.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.