|This article is about the upcoming film. You may be looking for the book adaptation, After We Fell.|
After We Fell follows Tessa’s life as it begins to come unglued. Nothing is what she thought it was. Not her friends. Not her family. The one person she should be able to rely on, Hardin, is furious when he discovers the massive secret she’s been keeping. And rather than being understanding, he turns to sabotage.
- Josephine Langford as Tessa Young
- Hero Fiennes Tiffin as Hardin Scott
- Louise Lombard as Trish Daniels
- Rob Estes as Ken Scott
- Arielle Kebbel as Kimberly
- Chance Perdomo  as Landon Gibson
- Frances Turner as Karen Scott
- Kiana Madeira as Nora
- Carter Jenkins as Robert
- Mira Sorvino as Carol Young
- Stephen Moyer as Christian Vance
- Angela Sari as Lillian
- Atanas Srebrev as Richard Young
- Anton Kottas as Smith Vance
The film was announced to be entering pre-production on September 3, 2020. It was announced alongside the fourth and presumably final film of the series, After Ever Happy. Rumors that After We Fell would begin production in October 2020 surfaced when Production Weekly posted an overview of the film marking October as the starting production month. On September 7, 2020, Voltage Pictures COO Jonathan Deckter confirmed that there are two films planned for filming in October. This raised concerns due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which had delayed filming the United States, specifically when Deckter said, "we are taking a bit of a risk".
On September 8, 2020, the new director Castille Landon announced that she had picked out multiple filming locations, thus, confirming that production would restart in 2020. The special effects crew and other crew members landed in Bulgaria around August 13, 2020. Filming officially began on October 4, 2020, at a campus in Bulgaria.
On December 18, 2020, filming for After We Fell, After Ever Happy, and the After film series, officially wrapped.
Shane Paul McGhie will not reprise his role as Landon Gibson for After We Fell or After Ever Happy. The role was recast to Chance Perdomo. Prior to the announcement, rumors that he had joined the franchise circulated when he was spotted on set filming a scene with Josephine Langford. He later confirmed his involvement in a behind the scenes video announcing he was cast as Landon Gibson.
Charlie Weber (Christian Vance), Candice King (Kimberly), and Selma Blair's (Carol Young) roles were recast to Stephen Moyer, Arielle Kebbel, and Mira Sorvino respectively. Candice was unable to travel to Bulgaria for filming due to her pregnancy and COVID-19, while Selma was unable to travel due to her ongoing battle with MS.
- Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic release are subject to change. Release dates for Asia, France, Latin America, Netherlands, UAE, and the United Kingdom are to be announced. The below release dates were announced on April 22, 2021.
- September 1, 2020 (Italy, Poland, Sweden)
- September 2, 2021 (Bosnia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, Russia / Cis, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- September 3, 2021 (Finland, Norway, Romania, South Africa, Spain)
- September 9, 2021 (Australia, Hungary, New Zealand)
- September 10, 2021 (Bulgaria, Canada)
- September 30, 2021 (United States)
- October 13, 2021 (South Korea)
Notes and Trivia
- On September 8, 2020, it was announced by several news outlets that Castille Landon would direct After We Fell and After Ever Happy. She is preceded by Jenny Gage (After) and Roger Kumble (After We Collided).
- Her official announcement from the After social accounts came four months later on January 2, 2021.
- According to Castille Landon, there will be some new book characters in the film.
- On September 8, 2020, the crew did camera tests to prepare for filming in October.
- A new costume designer has been hired for After We Fell.
- On September 10, 2020, Castille Landon confirmed that the scripts for After We Fell and After Ever Happy were complete.
- Filming for After We Fell and After Ever Happy began on October 4, 2020, in Bulgaria. Anna Todd was not seen on set.
- This is the second consecutive film to feature cast changes.
- Iñigo Navarro works on the film as a production designer and possibly as an extra. His name was visible on an extras call sheet. After 3 & 4 were both listed on Inigo's resume but without any context to his role in the projects.
- After We Fell and After Ever Happy were filmed in five months, with fifty-two shoot days, and over three-hundred crew members.
- On January 23, 2021, Castille Landon tweeted three emojis that describe After We Fell. The emojis she used were the winking kiss emoji, crying emoji, and a red boxing glove.
- A behind the scenes video featuring Hero Fiennes Tiffin and Josephine Langford was shared to the After Twitter account on February 5, 2021, in honor of Hardin Scott's birthday. It can be viewed here.
- The production designer Inigo Navarro built a cabin set based on Castille Landon's vision for the cabin. They had previously tried to find one but Castille, "had my heart set on a very specific-looking cabin."
- On February 10, 2021, After Movie posted a seven-second clip featuring Hero Fiennes Tiffin (Hardin Scott) and Josephine Langford (Tessa Young) from After We Fell. The post was non-verbal but included a confirmed title card and the caption, "something steamy is coming".
- In celebration of the two-year anniversary of After becoming a film series, production released the teaser posters and banners for After We Fell.
- When talking about the film making process for the film, Castille said: "I could write a whole book on making these movies. The key is preparation, going back to the source material, and being willing to make changes on the fly to suit the needs of the actors/circumstances. Every day was a new, often unprecedented, challenge."
- On April 22, 2021, the first batch of release dates for After We Fell were announced. It marked the majority of countries with premiere dates from September 1st to October 10th. While many countries were marked as "TBA" production assured fans that they were still working on securing release dates.
- On May 3, 2021, Castille Landon announced that the film was still undergoing post-production work, though teased that new cast members would be announced in the coming weeks on the After movie socials.
- On May 25, 2021, do commemorate National Brothers Day, a 15 second behind the scenes clip of Hero Fiennes Tiffin and Chance Perdomo practicing in a boxing ring was released. It can be viewed on Twitter.
- On June 24, 2021, Castille Landon teased the soundtrack of the film saying, "I’ll say the final song was something I’ve been fighting for since before we even started filming. It’s a huge one, so it was hard to get, but it was a must have (I think you’ll agree when you see )".
- On July 15th, three new posters were released, as well as, the official trailer for the film. The United States air date was moved from October 2021 to September 30, 2021.
Behind the Scenes
- I'll Make You Love Me by Kat Leon (Teaser Song)
- Undone by Taylor Ocano (Trailer Song)