Dylan Sprouse is an Italian-born and American-raised actor and entrepreneur. He is best known for his role in the Disney Channel series, The Sweet Life of Zack & Cody and it's respective spin-off. In 2020, Dylan portrayed the role of Trevor Matthews in After We Collided.
Biography and Career
Dylan Thomas Sprouse was born in Arezzo, Italy, to American parents Matthew Sprouse and Melanie Wright, while they were teaching at an English language school in Tuscany. Dylan was born fifteen-minutes before his younger twin brother Cole Sprouse. Four months after his birth, the family moved back to their parents' native Long Beach, California. He was primarily raised in America.
Dylan started his career in 1993 on television, alongside his twin brother, Cole Sprouse. The shared the role of Patrick Kelly in Grace Under Fire until 1998. For the next several years, he continued to appear in several films and television series with his brother. He took a break from acting in 2011, after the finale of Sweet Life on Deck. He attended New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study and obtained a four-year degree in video game design. In 2018, he opened All-Wise Meadery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
|1999||Big Daddy||Julian McGrath|
|2001||I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Klaus||Justin Carver|
|2002||The Master of Disguise||Young Pistachio Disguise|
|2002||Eight Crazy Nights||KB Toys Solider (Voice)|
|2004||The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things||Older Jeremiah|
|2007||A Modern Twain Story: The Prince and the Pauper||Tom Canty|
|2009||The Kings of Appletown||Will|
|2020||After We Collided||Trevor Matthews|
|1993-1998||Grace Under Fire||Patrick Kelly|
|2001||The Nightmare Room||Buddy|
|2001||That '70s Show||Bobby|
|2005-2008||The Suite Life of Zack and Cody||Zack Martin|
|2006||The Emperor's New School||Zam|
|2008-2011||The Suite Life on Deck||Zack Martin|
|2011||The Suite Life Movie (TV Film)||Zack Martin|
Notes and Trivia
- Dylan has dual citizenship in Italy and the USA.
- Although born in Italy, he is not of Italian descent. His American parents moved back to their native California four months after Dylan was born, and he was raised in Long Beach.
- He was named after poet Dylan Thomas.
- Dylan was diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- He didn't read the After books. Dylan joked that he plays a lot of video games which takes up his time.
- Dylan was able to improv a little humor for After We Collided.
- In an interview, Josephine Langford described Dylan as "smart, focused, and good taste in a girlfriend". Dylan agreed with the statement.
- Dylan only listens to heavy metal music.