Biography and Career
Hero Beauregard Faulkner Fiennes Tiffin was born in London on November 6, 1997, to film directors George Tiffin and Martha Fiennes, and educated at Emanuel School in Battersea. He has an older brother and a younger sister. He is a member of the Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes family and great-grandson of Sir Maurice Fiennes. His uncles are actors Ralph and Joseph Fiennes.
He made his first film appearance as Spartak in the 2008 drama film, Bigga Than Ben. He earned the part of young Voldemort even though thousands of young actors auditioned for the role. David Yates, director of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, said Hero was cast as Tom Riddle due to his ability to find "the darker space" in his line readings. He went on to describe Hero as "very focused and disciplined" and said he "got the corners and dark moods and odd spirit of the character" and had a "wonderful haunted quality that seemed to bring Tom Riddle alive on-screen for us."
In 2018, Fiennes Tiffin had landed the lead male role, Hardin Scott, in the film After based on the New York Times best-selling book After written by Anna Todd. A sequel, After We Collided, was announced in 2019 with Fiennes Tiffin and co-star Josephine Langford set to reprise their roles as Hardin and Tessa.
He won the Choice Drama Movie Actor award at the 2019 Teen Choice Awards and received the Rising Star award at the Ischia Film Festival.
|2008||Bigga Than Ben||Spartak|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||11-year-old Tom Riddle|
|2012||Private Peaceful||Young Charlie|
|2016||Possession With Intent to Supply||Jack|
|2020||After We Collided||Hardin Scott|
|2021||After We Fell|
|2022||After Ever Happy|
Awards and Nominations
|2019||After||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Drama||Won|
Notes and Trivia
- Hero has openly stated that he hasn't read the After book series.
- He had a pet dog named Diesel. Unfortunately, it was revealed that Diesel had died the night before Hero's 22nd birthday.
- His star sign is a Scorpio.
- While filming After, Hero unintentionally stole one of Hardin's rings. When he told Anna Todd this and promised to bring it back, she told him to just keep it.
- One of his favorite songs is Street Lights by Kanye West.
- His favorite line from After is, "Shut up, Molly!".
- His favorite character besides Hardin was Noah, primarily because of the way Dylan Arnold portrayed him.
- Hero's favorite tattoo that Hardin has is the birdcage on his forearm.
- His first impression of Josephine was that she was cool.
- Hero was able to keep the tattoos on after leaving the set, though they usually rubbed off before or at the hotel with a shower. The tattoos typically take an hour to apply.
- In an interview, Josephine described Hero as "intelligent, confident, and good taste in music". Hero responded that he loves it.
- His favorite line from After We Collided is, "Fucking Trevor".
- He plays with LEGOs on set.
- He is "Team Hardin" over "Team Trevor".
- Before establishing himself as an actor, Hero worked as a barbeque caterer and a landscaper.
- Some of Hero's friends are successful YouTubers, though Hero's appearances in their videos are slim to none. He does often appear in their social media stories.